Welcome to the Tour O The Borders, a top class, closed road sportive which takes you through stunning scenery on beautiful Borders roads.
About this Event
Tour O The Borders powered by Pirelli is a cycle sportive in the Scottish Borders. Tour O The Borders takes place on closed roads, meaning no traffic whatsoever, and offers two route lengths;
The Full Route – 120km/74 miles
The Challenge Route – 88.8km/56miles
With mile after mile of spectacular scenery, some of the best road cycling terrain in Scotland, and the inclusion of the famous Talla Wall climb, our route is truly a classic.
It’s a cracking day on the bike!
We’re confident this is the best value-for-money closed road sportive in the country, and it’s 100% organised by local riders.
We offer two different ticket options for each distance;
– Postal Entry
Our postal entry ticket ensures that your rider pack will be sent out to you in advance so all you need to do on event day is ride your bike! This option is an additional £10 and you must select the ticket titled ‘POSTAGE INCLUDED…’ and that for the distance you wish to complete.
Our standard entry ticket means you will need to register in person on Saturday 4 September 2021 at Event HQ. So, if you can’t make that you will need to opt for postal.
– Team Kidney Entry
Join Team Kidney and help put the brakes on kidney disease. You’ll need to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship for the charity. In return you’ll get your Tour O The Borders entry for £40 as well as; – A Kidney Research UK cycling jersey – A fundraising pack full of tips and ideas – Support from Kidney Research UK every step of the way – Regular updates to inspire your training and fundraising – Encouragement from Team Kidney across the event weekend – A Kidney Research UK medal and certificates.
Please note this does not include postage of your ride pack in advance of the event, you must register in person on Saturday 5th September.
What you get for your money;
– A fantastic closed road ride including some of the UK’s best cycling country and awesome scenery
– Great feed stations on the route with a variety of locally-made treats, including some fantastic cake and Forsyth’s famous macaroni pies
– The best electronic chip timing system, results texted to you soon after finish
– Official souvenir for all finishers
– Mechanical support before and during the event
– Comprehensive first aid and safety provision around the course
– Water and toilet stops where you’ll most likely need them (we’re riders too!)
– A sweeper vehicle and tech/service support on course